Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pompilios and Circumstance

Drawing of Ellie
Last Wednesday I received a phone call from one of my cousins asking me if I would like to go to Pompilios. I had originally planned on going to a square dance class. Yes, square dancing. Don't make fun of me. It will eventually happen.

Anyways, I canceled the square dance lesson and headed on down to Newport after work to meet up with a couple of my cousins and my God Father. The food at Pompilios was okay. I would say a step up from Olive Garden. The company was way better.

It was nice getting to talk with everyone, including my God Father. It is always strange to me when people who were adults when I was growing up, speak to me like an adult. I do realize that I am one. Still, it makes me giggle when I think of how the term adult is really a facade. Personality wise I haven't changed much since high school. At least I don't think so. I still laugh whenever any ones says the word "boobies". Just typing that word now actually made me grin.

There were crayons on the table. Right away I picked them up and started making stars and squiggles and little stick figures. The same shapes I've been doodling since grade school. My cousins did the exact same thing, only ten times better. The above picture was drawn on a whim by one of them. It wasn't until we pushed her that she decided to take it with her. The girl definitely has talent.

Under different circumstances I might have paid more attention to the food and other details. But that evening all that really interested me were the cool people I was surrounded by.


No comments:

Post a Comment