Sunday, February 17, 2013

Strawberry Fields in Containers

Let it be known that no plants were meant to be harmed in this endeavor.

That being said, I am starting a container garden.

This week I planted some peppers, herbs, peas, and strawberries. I also have some corn that I am trying to figure out how I am going to grow it. I will be moving these guys from my room to the patio in the spring. I wanted to give them as good of a start as possible seeing as how the odds are stacked against them with me as their caretaker.


I'll keep you posted on how this goes. The only thing I can promise is that it will be interesting. I figure I managed to keep Petri the Palm Plant alive for 8 months, and now I have Charles the Evergreen the 2nd. They seem to be doing alright.  I got naming them from Allison. I only do it for the ones that I really don't want to die. Flowering plants don't get names. I kill those often and without mercy. Hence why there are lots of green plants in my room. So if you have any ideas for plant names so I don't kill the corn, peppers, herbs, peas and strawberries I am open for suggestions.

I've gotten a little confidence from the book Bountiful Container by Mcgee and Stuckey. It is a very easy read. Anyways...I guess wish the plants luck. They are going to need a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment